The OSU Folk Club Thrift Shop allocates funds to nonprofit (tax status 501c3) organizations that contribute to the betterment of Benton County communities.
We are pleased to fund
- Social service organizations
- Groups that benefit the youth and seniors of the community
- Community enhancement projects
- Fixed assets that will be of future benefit to the organization receiving them.
We do not fund:
- Organizational start-up expenses
- Wages or stipends
- Something that benefits only one individual
- Mileage reimbursement
- Monthly expenses, such as telephone charges, postage, membership materials
- Scholarships for program tuition, summer camps, etc. unless/until other needs have been met.
- Nationally recognized service organizations
- School groups, unless they have 50/50 matching funds
- OSU campus ministry groups, academic departments, and student organization and housing groups.
Requests must list individual prices for each item that is requested. If you are requesting multiple items, please list them in priority order.
We will mail notification of our decisions by April 30, 2017.
If your grant is approved, our letter will state how the funds must be used. All Grant recipients will receive a Grant Evaluation Form. This form must be returned by December 1, 2017. Failure to submit the Grant Evaluation Form will disqualify applicants from being awarded a grant in the subsequent year.
All funds must be used for the stated purpose by December 1, 2017.
All remaining money must be returned to the OSU Thrift Shop Foundation.
Grant applications will be available January 2, 2018.
Applications will be available here or in the Thrift Shop.
Please send or deliver applications and supplemental applications to:
OSU Folk Club Thrift Shop
144 NW 2nd Street
Corvallis, OR 97330